When women are trying to lose weight, they make many mistakes and here are some of the most common mistakes they make. You can improve the chances of successfully losing weight by avoiding them. There is plenty of bad and ineffective advice on weight loss so it is normal to feel discombobulated even after an hour of online research.
There is information overload and lot of it is inconsistent. Keep in mind that by following the tips below, you can lose weight for sure. So if that’s what you want, read on or go and visit venusdiet.net to learn more about one of the best weight loss programs for women.
1. You need to determine your calorie maintenance number and your goal should be to maintain a daily deficit of 500 calories. Usually, women never determine their number, which is a mistake. You can determine your number at: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
2. Don’t try to reduce too much calorie count too soon. This will not help you lose fat faster. Rather, it will slow down the process as when your body goes into starvation mode, it holds on to its fat stores.
3. Never underrate the harm a single cookie can do to your weight loss. In fact, cookie is just a symbol here to any food you might crave but is bad for your health and you are not supposed to eat.
You burn around 300 to 400 calories with an hour of moderate workout. One slice of pizza and coke, on the other hand, contains more calories that you struggle to burn in an hour. So when you surrender to temptation, you merely nullify all your previous efforts.
4. You can achieve better progress in weight lose by changing and tweaking your diet and healthy eating habits like eating wholesome foods rather than exercising harder.
5. Don’t aim to achieve too much in a small duration. Opt for progressively small steps. It makes sticking to your diet and training easier. For instance, if you eat 2 bars of chocolate a day, reduce it one per day for a week. In the next week, give up the remaining one or at least reduce it to half a bar per day.
This can be achiever more conveniently, mentally and physically. Your body also needs to adjust to the changes. When you change things drastically, your system goes into a shock.
6. You can’t achieve results overnight. Stay on your weight loss regime for at least three months. You should take a photo of yourself on the day one and day 90 and see the major difference.
7. Don’t rely solely on weighing scale. The better way to determine weight loss is to measure and note the circumference of your arms, waist, hips and thighs.
The weighing scale does not always show how much fat you have burned or muscle mass you have gained. It is merely a number and does not show a complete picture.
These seven mistakes are the most common ways women sabotage their success in weight loss. Keep them in mind and keep on the path of weight loss.